CBDT has issue notification No. 32/2014 dated 23.06.2014 – new Wealth Tax Return Form BB wef A.Y. 2014-15 instead of old form BA. CBDT has also given that this form can be filed online with or without digital signature. For certain class of Assessee i.e. Individual/HUF not liable to tax audit e-filing is optional but for other class of Assessees i.e. Individual/HUF liable to audit and Companies return of net wealth in FORM BB shall be furnished electronically under digital signature
Return of net wealth tax form BB rule for online E-filing
S.O.1576 (E) .— In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (ba) and clause (bb) of sub‐section (2) of section 46
read with section 14A and section 14B of the Wealth‐tax Act, 1957 (27 of 1957), the Central Board of Direct Taxes
hereby makes the following rules further to amend the Wealth‐tax Rules, 1957, namely:—
1. (1) These rules may be called the Wealth‐tax (1st Amendment) Rules, 2014.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Wealth‐tax Rules, 1957 (hereinafter referred to as the “said rules”),—
(i) for rule 3, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:–
“3.Form of return of net wealth. — (1) The return of net wealth referred to in section 14 shall—
(a) in respect of assessment year 2013‐14 and earlier assessment years in the case of individuals, Hindu
undivided families and companies, be in Form BA and shall be verified in the manner specified therein.
(b) in respect of the assessment year 2014‐15 and any other subsequent assessment year in the case of
individuals, Hindu undivided families and companies be in Form BB and shall be verified in the manner specified
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub‐rule (3), for the assessment year 2014‐15 and any other subsequent
assessment year, the return of net wealth referred to in sub‐rule (1) shall be furnished electronically under digital
(3) In case of individual or Hindu undivided family to whom the provisions of section 44AB of the Income‐tax
Act, 1961(43 of 1961) are not applicable, the return of net wealth referred to in sub‐rule (1) may be furnished for
assessment year 2014‐15 in a paper form.
(4) The return of net wealth required to be furnished in Form BB shall not be accompanied by a statement
showing the computation of the tax payable on the basis of the return, or proof of the tax and interest paid, or any
document or copy of any account or form of report of valuation by registered valuer required to be attached with
the return of net wealth under any provisions of the Act.
(5) The Director General of Income‐tax (Systems) shall specify the procedures, formats and standards for
ensuring secure capture and transmission of data and shall also be responsible for evolving and implementing
appropriate security, archival and retrieval policies in relation to furnishing the returns in the manners specified in